Mona's Blog

Tuesday, July 05, 2005

My poor little Geo! It died on me yesterday. So sad. Yes, I'm driving the same 1991 red Geo Prizm that I was driving back in high school. I drove it yesterday for a jaunt across Indianapolis and the temp started to get hot. I parked it and the temp got up into the red and smoke started coming out from under the front hood. Not cool. I then stepped out and saw that there was a pool of anti-freeze under her. Since I was about 30 minutes away from home, I had to call a towing service. Since it was July 4th when all this happened, I just had her towed to my house since nothing would have been open.

I guess the next question once I find out the damage and repair cost will be - to repair or not to repair. She only has a trade-in value of about $350. But getting a new car means having car payments. What a pain in the ass. Can I really give up my baby Geo?? Such a good little car. We've been through so much together. *sigh*

2 Comments:

  • At 1:34 PM , Blogger Eric Rhodes said...

    Is the same Coke can that we left in there back in high school still in there? Man that was gross. Let me tell you, car payments suck, but nothing is quite as nice as the smooth ride in my 2004 Toyota (I'm a little embarassed to say that it's a mini van, but I DO have three kids to haul around, so step off.) But seriously, that car has been through alot...I remember the terrified feeling I had as we barreled over hills in Bloomington, barely staying on the road ("you have to go this fast to make it up the hill." says Mona). I rember the sinking feeling in my stomach as I backed into it in my parent's driveway, yup lots of memories......

     
  • At 2:32 PM , Blogger Mona said...

    Yep! Lotsa memories indeed! Which is why I just spent 560 bucks to fix the damn thing even though it's technically only worth 350 bucks according to the Blue Book. And no, my borhter threw out the coke can after my freshman year in college. I was so mad at him. It would still be there to this day had he not thrown it out!

     

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home