Mona's Blog

Wednesday, November 29, 2006

Toilet Woes

My toilet is very stupid. It plugs at the drop of a hat....even if I just flush a kleenex down, there's always a chance it'll plug. Also, the flappy thing often doesn’t go down. The floaty thing sometimes doesn’t pop up, but that’s a lesser issue right now. In addition to all of these problems, the water shut-off valve doesn’t work. It is sealed shut or something. Anyway, you put all of these lovely things together and here’s what happens at 8:15 before I am supposed to go to work:

The toilet plugs, the flappy thing doesn’t go down, so it continues filling at a quick rate. The shut-off valve doesn’t work, so I must quickly take the back off the toilet to reach in to flip shut the flappy thing. But it continues to fill until the back of the tank is full. So, I stand there and watch my bathroom floor fill up with water until the tank is full. It’s quite a lovely experience. I recommend you all try it sometime to test your stress levels.

Picture it….when I first realized the situation, I’m yelling “NOOOOOOOO!!! NOOOOOOO!!!!,” as I’m futilely trying to transfer water from the toilet into my tub using my plunger, water spilling over the sides of my toilet making my socks all wet. Of course, I’m not going to leave the bathroom like that, so I had to sop up the water and disinfect everything all before getting to work. I got to work around 9:00 finally. It was quite unpleasant.

4 Comments:

  • At 6:07 PM , Blogger Eric Rhodes said...

    Wow, Mona. I never knew that, when you drop a deuce, it would cause so much problems for you. "A Kleenex." Please. Just kidding. At least you don't need to buy the replacement parts yourself. That's a homeowner's joy. I've replaced several toilets myself and replaced several parts. Really, it's not too expensive to fix toilets. Of course, the shut off valve could be an issue.

     
  • At 6:48 AM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

    That is one benfit of renting! Ours is on the way out. With only one bathroom in the house I worried when that day will come. At least the gas station is a quick walk down the road. If we had moved already it would not be a issue. Just grap a roll and head for the woods.

     
  • At 7:41 AM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

    You guys are funny. Women don't "drop deuces" Eric. We're much too feminine for that. :)

     
  • At 6:35 AM , Blogger Eric Rhodes said...

    Call it what you want, Mona. It is what it is.

     

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home