Mona's Blog

Thursday, July 05, 2007

Sometimes I wish I were a vet....

Found a little squirrel at the side of the road. Didn't seem to have any physical markings that indicated it was injured, but the poor little guy was just laying there in the gutter, not able to move. I wrapped a piece of paper around him in order to pick him up and set him in the woods. I'll go back in about an hour and see if he's still there. Hopefully he was just dazed and won't be there when I return. If not, I have a box for him and have already contacted some local wildlife rehabilitators to inquire on what to do with the little guy. Let's hope he's gone when I go back.....an update soon.

4 Comments:

  • At 1:11 PM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

    Such a big heart!

     
  • At 6:00 AM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

    Awwww, thanks anonymous. I have a huge soft-spot for animals, ever since I was a little girl.

    I went back to check on the squirrel, box in hand. Fortunately, the little guy must have snapped out of it and was no longer there! YAY! (Of course, perhaps a predator snagged him, but I like to think the positive happened.)

     
  • At 2:24 PM , Blogger Eric Rhodes said...

    Some owl or hawk may think of you as a Pizza Hut squirrel delivery woman. Hopfully not, but the circle of life an all..... And I agree with anonymous, you're sweet for trying to help the lil' guy.

     
  • At 9:03 AM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

    You're funny, Eric. And thanks. :)

     

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home