Mona's Blog

Friday, July 08, 2005

Moving is hard, yet I seem to do it almost every year. This month is my moving month. I'm just moving down the street (literally, only three blocks down the same street where I currently live), but I'll be saving 400 bucks per month in rent. Prior to this I lived with a friend for a few months after living in Denver for 6 months. Prior to that was the place where I lived longer than 1 year....that was in Bloomington while going to grad. school. I lived in that apartment for 1 year and 10 months. Since 1997, every year before grad school I moved. Man....I just can't stay put. And I don't anticipate staying at the new place longer than a year, either. I have no idea what will happen....maybe I'll buy a house (yeah right), maybe I'll move to Denver, maybe I'll just become homeless and travel the world.

I suppose at some point I'll find some stability in my life and I'll be able to say "Ok, this is where I want to be because this place feels like home and I feel like I belong." That will be nice. I look forward to that time of my life.

4 Comments:

  • At 8:57 AM , Blogger Eric Rhodes said...

    Boy am I glad that you decided to move to Indiana instead of Columbus. You know that if you moved to Columbus that my ass would be helping you drag all of your stuff all over the place with all of these moves. At least the three hour drive gives me an excuse not to break my back lifting your couch.

     
  • At 12:45 PM , Blogger Mona said...

    Ha ha! That's funny because you're right! See, one benefit of having me far away. :)

    It's not so bad. I always make friends with guys for some reason, which is always useful when I have to move....especially with my big-ass furniture.

     
  • At 11:22 AM , Blogger Woody! said...

    Hey, Mona, it's Woody from high school. Glad to see you're doing well since your days on Ramm Road. Sorry to hear about your classic car, but it's in a better place now, I'm sure.

     
  • At 2:18 PM , Blogger Mona said...

    Hey Woody! Nice to hear from ya. Ahhh, yes.....the good ol' days of Ramm Rd. I remember them fondly. Being TP'd by you, Curly, and Moe, visiting with friends, etc. Such serene days of my life. I decided to fix my car. It lives on!! Thanks for your message.

     

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home