Mona's Blog

Sunday, July 15, 2007

Next Stop: Chicago

I'm off to Chicago in about......oh, I guess 5 hours, now. I'm going to a training session for Macs. I'll have tonight and part of the day tomorrow (until 1:00) to just chill out until the training, so I might try to see some sights. Terralyn told me I *must* go look at shoes since Indianapolis apparently has the worst shoe selection she has ever seen. While it's not high on my list, I told her I'd consider it.

I'm taking my camera, so I'm sure I'll have some pictures from the short trip. Oh, I get back Tuesday night.

Love,
Mona

6 Comments:

  • At 12:41 PM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

    I went to Chicago once. It was awesome. Big cities just fascinate me. But, I did see one extremely sad thing. . . . for the first time I saw a homeless child.

     
  • At 2:49 PM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

    Yep, I'm loving Chicago. Big cities fascinate me, too. I think I need to move to a big city for awhile. But, yes, it's always sad to see homeless people, especially children. I saw some of that in Albania....children begging in the streets, etc. Not sure if they were homeless.

     
  • At 4:37 AM , Blogger Eric Rhodes said...

    Isn't Indianapolis a big city? I've never been there, but with an NBA and NFL teams, I figured it must be pretty big.

    I've been to Chicago a few times. Once when I was little, with my parents (we went to a Cubs game) and once with the OSU band. We went to the Navy Pier then, but it was late in the evening and Fall, so not much going on there. Still, a neat town.

     
  • At 7:52 AM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

    I wouldn't say that Indy is that big of a city. Nothing like Chicago. I'm pretty sure that Chicago is in the top 5 in the country, isn't it? While Indianapolis is below 10 I think (in terms of population and size). You can definitely tell a difference....not as much energy, not as much going on, not as much traffic, not as much diversity, not as much of anything. :)

     
  • At 9:22 AM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

    hi mona . how was chi-town?

     
  • At 7:28 AM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

    Hey anonymous. Chi-town rocked. I liked it lots. :)

     

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home