Mona's Blog

Friday, July 20, 2007

Since I've been at Butler....

I currently work in a division of the technology department called "Instructional Technology." I was hired in July of 2004, so this will be three years now that I've been working here. When I was hired, I worked with Diane and Jill under our director, Ryan.

A year after I started working, Diane and Jill both submitted their resignation at about the same time.

Bev, Serdar and Ed were hired.

A year-and-a-half later, Ryan, the director, submitted his resignation.

Ryan has yet to be replaced, 9 months later. They haven't even started the search process.

Today, Ed submitted his resignation.

That leaves Bev, Serdar and myself.

NEVER before have I ever seen such turn-over within a team I've worked. So, I'm wondering, who's next?

5 Comments:

  • At 1:27 PM , Blogger Eric Rhodes said...

    Wow. Who does all the work if you went from five people to three? Why are people leaving? Is the job bad, or are they getting better postions? Maybe your questionable hygene practices? I'm kidding. Maybe. OK, I am really kidding. Seriously though, daily showers are helpful to a happy work space. TOTALLY KIDDING!!! Don't you miss how funny I am? Well, I think I am funny. I know you shower and always smell nice. Even after hours of marching band practice.

     
  • At 8:35 AM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

    Yes, Eric. I totally miss how hilarious you are. :) Not a hint of sarcasm in that statement. Kidding!

    All the work of 5 is going to the 3 of us right now. They plan on hiring a contract person to pick up the load some, but the hiring of a new director may not happen for quite a bit longer. It's already been 10 months without a director and they haven't even started the search. I assume the search-process will take a good 6 months. It's ridiculous.

     
  • At 1:17 PM , Blogger Bryan said...

    Showers are over rated, well, since Eric and I both work from home most of the time now.

     
  • At 6:00 AM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

    I used to hate showering when I was a youngster. Being dirty never bothered me. I still get annoyed at having to shower, but at least I actually do it now, whereas I would try to get away with not showering when I was a kid.

     
  • At 11:16 AM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

    I love showers because I can lock the door and be alone. Well of course I have to take a shower after 8:30 p.m. always, but still ahhhh alone.

     

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home