Mona's Blog

Thursday, September 11, 2008

Mixed Emotions on Fall

So, I'm not exactly sure how to feel about fall. It's kind of nice to get a break from the heat of summer, but I miss wearing shorts and flip-flops. I can leave the windows open at night, but I have to put on extra layers of clothes. The trees turn beautiful colors, but I tremendously miss the greenness of summer and the sounds of the cicadas. And while fall itself isn't so bad, it marks the changing of seasons to my least favorite season of all.....winter. If winter was only one month long, it wouldn't be so bad....I might even enoy it. Hot chocolate (lactose free, of course) and warm cozy fires would be nice for a month. But it's not one month. It's an eternity. I hate the dark mornings, I hate the dark evenings, I hate the crappy roads, and I hate not being able to exercise outside. So, while the change into fall evokes some excitement inside of me, it's a reminder that winter is looming ahead.

5 Comments:

  • At 6:10 PM , Blogger Betsy said...

    Don't focus on winter Mona!! Enjoy the next 2 -3 gorgeous months of autumn!!! I'm personally looking forward to root vegetables, hot tea, and apple cider. Yummy! Then there's Thanksgiving, more yummy!

     
  • At 4:31 AM , Blogger Eric Rhodes said...

    let's not forget the most important thing about the Autumn months: MY BIRTHDAY!!! Presents are not necessary. Just send cash.

     
  • At 5:33 AM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

    Apple cider is totally yummy! And Thanksgiving is the best holiday of the year, in my opinion. And this year, James is going with me to meet the entire family!

    Eric....I always forget the exact date of your birthday. I only remember that it's during the fall months. When is it?

     
  • At 2:29 PM , Blogger Betsy said...

    Maybe I should point out some non-food related autumn perks.... The smell of leaves as they fall..... crisp mornings and warm afternoons.....wearing scarves with EVERYTHING.....Eric's birthday....... :)

     
  • At 5:49 AM , Blogger Eric Rhodes said...

    Dang! I forgot about being able to wear scarves! I keep screwing up and wearing white after Labor Day though!

    My birthday is October 26th. I can't believe that it is not marked on your calandars. I heard that Dub-ya is thinking about making it a national holiday right before he leaves office.

     

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home