Mona's Blog

Monday, October 06, 2008

Pumpkin Pie, Oh My!

Saturday I made my first pumpkin pie ever! It was for James' birthday bash at Brian and Angie's. I am proud to report that it was a success! Not only did the crust turn out great despite me not using Crisco (I refuse to use anything with hydrogenated oils in it, so I used butter instead), but the filling turned out just as great as my mom's. Of course, it was her recipe, but there is a certain finesse to pie-making and sometimes I just don't got it.

In addition to having pie, James made two sheet cakes that he cut a big three and zero out of so he had a big 30 cake. It was awesome. I was thoroughly impressed with his creativity and patience in doing this. Good job, James!

2 Comments:

  • At 6:49 AM , Blogger lydia said...

    Mm. That pumpkin pie was mighty delicious!

     
  • At 8:01 AM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

    Yay!!! Glad you liked it! And I'm also glad I got to see you Saturday! :)

     

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home