Mona's Blog

Monday, January 08, 2007

Mexico Rocks!

Well, I'm back from Mexico. While I appreciate the American toilets a little more, that's the only thing good about being back in reality here in Indy (Well...and of course, I get to see my friends and loved ones).

The trip was awesome. While the majority of the vacation was spent on the beach, sunning ourselves or relaxing in a hammock, we also scheduled some fun activities. We visited two sites of Mayan ruins, one close to the beach and one more in the jungle. We went snorkeling, went into the town of Tulum to do tourist-shopping and made several trips to the "super mini" convenience store. Uhmmmmm...what else? Oh yes, we went to a Euro-techno New Years Eve bash (*very* interesting), stumbled across some Cirque du Soleil types (where we made wishes under a full moon with a "fortune teller"), drank Pina Coladas, Green Iguanas, Negro Model, Coronas and definitely stayed away from non-bottled water.
Pictures are up on my Flickr Photos, but not all of them. There are a lot and it will take some time for me to get them all up.

4 Comments:

  • At 7:07 AM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

    Glad you had a great trip. I was thinking about you. I don't know if I will ever get anywhere other than the USA and Canada. You are so welled traveled!!!!! Is your brother back in the states yet?

     
  • At 8:29 AM , Blogger Neural Chick said...

    The NYE thing under the stars sounds cool! Welcome back!

     
  • At 11:12 AM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

    Thanks! It was a lot of fun. Jamal is back in Vermont with his family until January 17th. Then he'll go back to Saudi to work. Not sure when he'll be back again.

     
  • At 8:06 AM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

    I'm going to ignore the searing feeling in my stomach due to annoyance and accept you for your anal tendencies. It was a typo, btw. I know it's Negro Modelo. But I'm going to call it Negro Model from now on. Just because. :)

     

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home