Mona's Blog

Wednesday, August 01, 2007

Aches and pains...

I am exhausted, stressed out, sleep-deprived and defeated. BUT, I'm moved into my new place. Some annoying facts:
  • My legs, arms and even my hands are sore
  • Max kept me awake for the entire night with incessant meow-ing (I'm thoroughly pissed at him for this)
  • The new house is in complete shambles (of course)
  • The air-conditioning isn't working correctly in the new place and it's the hottest week of the summer
  • My cat's and my roommate's cat are sparring for who is dominant, which makes for very interesting noises throughout the day and night (I'm beginning to hate cats)

I'm sure there is more I can tack on to the list, but we'll keep it short and sweet.

4 Comments:

  • At 6:04 PM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

    I feel your pain. I am 8 months pregnant. No inside cat, but have a two year old. Feet hurt all the time, along with everything else. No A/C. I am packing, cleaning, moving furniture etc also. I have a hard time sleeping and rolling over takes a lot of effort. I know your pain completely. At lest for both of us it will be short term. Remind me again about your new place. Pictures?

     
  • At 4:57 AM , Blogger Eric Rhodes said...

    Moving sucks almost as bad as owning a cat. I like visiting people with cats, because my tollerance for a cat lasts about ten minutes. At least if it's one of those cats that likes to bother people with cat allergies (me). Plus, cats jump up on everything you don't want them to and prowl at night. I was glad when our cat ran away.

    Amy, jessica went through the same thing that you did: packing while preggers. Not fun for her, so I'm sure it's not much fun for you either. How you can live without A/C is beyond me. I would be so whiney and miserable.

     
  • At 7:00 AM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

    Ames - I don't feel as justified complaining, now. Yes, it was a pain in the butt for me to do all this, but at least I'm not 8-months pregnant and doing it all. I can't imagine going through all that and being pregnant, too. Although, I suppose that would get me out of moving the really heavy stuff.

    Eric - I laughed out loud when I read that you were glad when your cat ran away. You're hilarious. I was really hoping that Max would run away or something. The night he kept meowing, I was imagining what my Craig's List ad would say, "Free Cat to Good Home." Last night I kicked all cats out of my room and shut the door. Sleeping was heavenly.

     
  • At 8:01 PM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

    Eric,

    What makes you think I am not whiney and miserable. I can't wait until we move and get A/C!

    Hmmm depending on who you married you still might have to move heavy stuff. Just because I am pregnant does not mean you can't be tired, grumpy, and in pain also.

     

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home