Mona's Blog

Tuesday, November 18, 2008

Ann Arbor

I went to Ann Arbor this past weekend to visit my friend, Melissa. It was a good time. Ann Arbor is a lively, liberal college town....it reminded me of Bloomington except that it's bigger (the town, not the campus....I think the University has less students and a bit smaller campus, actually). A few highlights from the trip:

  • Students were randomly singing Christmas carols downtown.
  • We went to a restaurant to eat burritos and drink some margaritas and after 15 minutes of being there, the entire restaurant was bombarded by an enormous group (50 or more) of very loud students. We left because we couldn't hear each other talking.
  • On Saturday, we bumped into a gay rights rally march. It was a pretty good sized march despite the gross weather.
  • It snowed the entire time I was there.
  • Melissa and I made cake.....it turned out ok.
  • We repotted her jade plant because it was looking very sad. She said it is perky, now! Yay!

I got back Sunday evening and took Monday off to run errands. It was a good long weekend.

3 Comments:

  • At 8:20 PM , Blogger Betsy said...

    I love Ann Arbor!! It's like a mini version of a big city. I don't think we'd ever live in Michigan, but if we did, Ann Arbor would be at the top of our list!

     
  • At 4:29 AM , Blogger Eric Rhodes said...

    **Sorry for being crass on your blog, Mona, but it is Ohio State vs M*ch*g*n week.**

    Ann Arbor is a whore!!! Although I only have been there twice, both with the OSU Marching Band, I have never had a good experince there, the students and UM fans are low brown punks who throw stuff at opposing bands, and one can never quite get used to the smell. I guess the UM band was always pretty classy, but leaving is nicest part about the arm pit of the Big Ten. That 'Welcome to Ohio' sign is a lovely thing! GO BUCKS!!

     
  • At 5:17 AM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

    Betsy - yes, I think it's a really nice town, as well. It reminded me of Bloomington (where IU is) a bit.

    Eric - No worries about being crass. Of course, you know I have no interest in football at all, so it's a bit irrelevant. Although, I think people throwing stuff at the band is horrible.

     

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home