Mona's Blog

Monday, July 18, 2005

I moved this weekend! And it was tough...but it's mostly done! In an effort to forget my moving woes, I spontaneously decided that I needed to go out Saturday night and have some fun.....something I haven't done in a long, long time. I mean, I've had fun, but I haven't "gone out on the town" to party down in months. So, I called my good friends, James and Seth. Seth couldn't make it, so James and I went to The Blue Cactus. It's a bar that does salsa dancing on Saturday nights. IT WAS SO MUCH FUN! I wore a skirt so that it would flail out when I spun and wore my hair tied tightly back like the flamenco dancers do....sorry, I'm giving too many girly details. ANYWAY, after two Long Island Iced Teas and a few hours of dancing, I finally got home at about quarter till two. It was a blast. I have had about 6 lessons for salsa dancing but hadn't actually gone out salsa-ing until this last weekend. I went salsa dancing once in Denver, but I had never danced salsa before. i had the best time dancing ever that night. I must have danced with about 10 different people, and half of them didn't even speak English (Denver has a huge Hispanic population...I think it's about 30%). That's what got me hooked and now I'm going to try to go dancing whenever I can.

3 Comments:

  • At 10:17 AM , Blogger Woody! said...

    Congrats on the move. So, do you live in Denver or Indianapolis now? I thought I read Indy earlier but it wouldn't surprise me if I remembered that wrong.

     
  • At 11:47 AM , Blogger Eric Rhodes said...

    I need a night out soon. I've been going buggy with all of the stress over moving. I doubt dancing will be on my list, but the Long Island Iced Tea sounds good. I really need to blow off some steam.

     
  • At 7:03 AM , Blogger Mona said...

    I live in Indy right now. I lived in Denver for about 6 months post grad school cuz I was looking for a job there. I loved it so much there, but wasn't able to find a "suitable" job. I think I'll be moving back to Denver soon, though. I miss it.

    Longe Island Iced Teas ROCK the house. :)

     

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home