Mona's Blog

Monday, August 13, 2007

I got my hair cut.....

So, I got my hair cut on Friday. I don't think I like it, but I'm not sure. It's about a good 6 inches shorter than it was....maybe more. I did want a change, but I guess I wasn't expecting it to be this different. When I left the salon, I felt pretty good about it. BUT, the stylist used a round brush with a blow-dryer to make it straight. All of you are aware that my hair is in fact not straight. It can be quite curly. So, I went ahead and fixed it curly-style, and.....well......uhmmmmmm....I guess the best way to describe it is that I looked like an 80's rock star. In a bad way.

So, needless to say, I've been mostly pulling it back since I got it cut. A few more inches of growth and hopefully it won't be quite as boufant. Of course, I can blow it dry straight, but I just don't have the patience for that. I'll try to get a picture up eventually.

6 Comments:

  • At 11:24 AM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

    Hey Mona, You can always come back to Albania and I can fix you up with a matching cue ball cut like James has. I'm sure your hair looks great, it will just take some time getting used to the new you. Looking forward to seeing a picture :) Have a great day!
    David

     
  • At 11:37 AM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

    That would be great, David! Matching bald-couple. Except I can't grow a goatee, which I think gives a nice balance when you have no hair on your head. I guess I'll keep the 80's rock-star look for now. :)

     
  • At 11:37 AM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

    I know what you mean. My curly/frizzy hair is so hard to do anything with. When I get it cut short like above my chin the stylist blows drys it straight and I LOVE it. But, I can't even come close to doing that myself. Right now I am in a long phase. I have not gotten it cut for nine months. I will keep it longer until at least spring. I will see if I am sick of it then. I aways wear it in a pony tail or pinned up. I am sure you hair looks great. It always have! That is what sucky about you ;)

     
  • At 11:52 AM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

    Ames - Ha ha!! You're so funny. I guess I should thank you even tho you said I suck. My hair will look ok in about a month or so. Right now it's just too much.

     
  • At 4:35 AM , Blogger Eric Rhodes said...

    It can't be worse than the blue hair mishap.

     
  • At 5:27 AM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

    True, Eric. Nothing can be worse than that. It took me forever to grow out that blue/green nastiness. It's been years since I've colored my hair and I think it's directly because of that.

     

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home