Mona's Blog

Saturday, February 02, 2008

Gospelfest! Glory Be!

...and AMEN! Tonight Terrlayn and I went to the 20th anual Gospelfest held at Clowes Hall. Terralyn is quite the fan and told me that I HAD to get tickets for it. It ended up being a really cool evening. Do you all remember the scene in The Blues Brothers at the Black church? When James Brown is up singing and the choir goes nuts with the glory of Jesus? Well....I found out that the scene isn't really all that much of an exaggeration. I mean, no one started doing back-flips, but that was the only thing they didn't do. It was amazing to see the emotion and feel the energy all around you. It was pretty cool to be a part of it all. The self-shot here is me after the event. I don't get fancy too often, so I feel like I need to take a photo when I do. I even fixed my hair!

2 Comments:

  • At 8:35 AM , Blogger Eric Rhodes said...

    You look pretty........ when you get all gussied up..... ;-)

    The whole gospel scene never made any sense to me. Probably because I am not religious. To each his own, I guess.

     
  • At 5:22 AM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

    Thanks. :)

     

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home