Mona's Blog

Monday, June 02, 2008

I'm in Love with Denver

My trip was very awesome! I arrived in Denver at around 12:45. Megan picked me up and we immediately drove to Estes to meet up with my friends, Emily and Jeff (and their two boys, Mason and Riley). We stayed in Estes over the Memorial Day weekend in their cabins, taking a jaunt into Rocky Mountain National Park on Sunday. It was such a cool park! Mountains everywhere with snow still hanging around at the higher elevations.

After the weekend, I stayed downtown one night at Megan's house. She got a new job and now works/lives within walking distance of the Denver Zoo. It was nice to see her new digs and to meet her new roommates. We also went out to eat that night and I got a chance to meet her boyfriend, Stu.


Then Jen (and Emma) came to pick me up. Off to Northglenn I went! The remainder of the trip was spent at Jen and Silas' house chilling out. Jen works part-time, so she was able to spend her days with me, which was very cool. Being at their house is always very relaxing and comfortable because they treat me like family. Most of the day was spent watching court tv (I never get to watch daytime television, so it was nice) and Thursday night we went to see Mama Mia (a play based on the music of ABBA). It was a really fun show and I think I need to buy the ABBA cd, now.


I got back Friday afternoon and spent the weekend relaxing before I had to come back to work. I was not looking forward to Monday, lemme tell ya. And while I'm happy to be sleeping in my own bed, Denver is still calling my name. One of these days....
More pictures on Flickr!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home