Mona's Blog

Friday, April 18, 2008

What the hell is that????!!?!?

I'm finally fast asleep after a 3:30 rousing to use the bathroom. It's now 5:38 and the bed is shaking from the cats play-fighting on the bed. I sleepily use my legs to usher the cats off the bed. The shaking continues, so I start kicking my legs semi-violently to get the cats to stop. The shaking continues. I sit up. "What the hell!?!?" I look around the bed to see if the cats are still play-fighting, bumping into the side of the bed. I turn on my lights. The cats are nowhere to be seen. I take my earplugs out (I sleep with earplugs due to the semi-busy street next to my house) and hear the cabinets of my dresser shaking along with the shaking of my bed. "Are we having an earthquake????!" The shaking subdues, but continues for another several seconds. "I think we're having an earthquake!!" I text my friend Melissa. She felt it, too. WOW! Never really experienced that before!

Note to those who experience an earthquake for the first time: Always open cabinets carefully. I had a tupperware avalanche occur after opening a kitchen cabinet. It was not cool.

3 Comments:

  • At 7:52 PM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

    Wow! I heard about the earthquake, and it could be felt in Indy, but I didn't think it was that strong for you!! You know, on a Discovery Channel Special, it's the midwestern fault that caused today's earthquake that's gonna bring on the end of the world.... spooky!!!

     
  • At 5:46 AM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

    It was a really odd sensation. And my bed shook rhythmically....it didn't just shake all over the place. So weird. Yeah...I've heard about the midwestern fault.

     
  • At 4:48 AM , Blogger Eric Rhodes said...

    They said that midwest earthquakes travel farther because there are no mountains or natural barriers to absorb the shockwaves. I woke up at about 5:30 that day, but firgured it was because I had to go to the restroom. Now, I am not sure that I didn't feel the quake a bit.

     

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home