Mona's Blog

Saturday, March 29, 2008

Pilates

This morning (in about an hour) I'll be trying out pilates for the first time! I'm a little scared, as I'm unsure how I'll feel afterwards. Hopefully it won't be too strenuous. Since I've essentially been doing the same workout for...ohhhhh....the last 8 years, I've decided that it's time to shake things up. So, for the last several weeks I've been trying different things. Tomorrow I'm going to try cardio-kickboxing, Monday is a step class, Wednesday is a class called "Core and More," which I've heard from co-workers is quite greuling. Perhaps I'll finally start losing this stubborn weight that I've gained.

3 Comments:

  • At 6:55 AM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

    Was it fun?? Kris and I joined a gym about a month or so ago, and I want to take their pilates class, but haven't been able to yet. I've heard it's a great way to get toned, and is very relaxing as well.

     
  • At 8:00 AM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

    Yeah! It was fun...but tough!!!I'm going to try to continue doing it regularly because it's obviously challenging my body. I wouldn't say that it's very relaxing, though. Maybe that comes when you get better at it.

     
  • At 6:53 PM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

    Well... I think anything that's not too cardio intense is relaxing. I hate my 20 minutes or so on the treadmill, bike, etc... I guess it also depends on the type of Pilates when it comes to how relaxing it is.

     

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home