Mona's Blog

Tuesday, March 18, 2008

I want to go here...

Breathtaking! The caption under the picture:

"Tiptoe through thousands of tulips at the Skagit Valley Tulip Festival in Washington state, one of the unforgettable events featured in the U.S. and Canada edition of "1,000 Places to See Before You Die." While the festival (celebrating its 25th year) officially runs throughout April, Mother Nature determines the bloom dates for the main attraction, so you'll have to keep an eye on the skies as you plan your pilgrimage."

5 Comments:

  • At 4:05 AM , Blogger Eric Rhodes said...

    That is amazing. I want to plant tulips now. I think it is too late though. They need to be planted in the fall.

     
  • At 12:37 PM , Blogger Mona said...

    I know!!! Isn't is just awesome!? But I think you're right about planting them in the fall. Plant a bunch this fall and your next spring will look awesome. :)

     
  • At 2:30 PM , Blogger Eric Rhodes said...

    The only bad thing about tulips is that they are only spring flowers. They bloom and look great for a few weeks in the spring, but then the flowers die and you are left with a bushy green plant. We had them at our old house. They would look amazing for a while, then boring. I think I will try to find a few summer blooming plants to mix with them. Lilies would work, but Jessica isn't a lilly kind of girl. Not sure why.

     
  • At 7:58 AM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

    I would have thought that picture was from Holland, not Washington. I love tulips, but I agree with Eric. I don't know quite what to do once they're done for the season. So I just buy cut ones at the store!

     
  • At 3:20 AM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

    This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

     

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home