Mona's Blog

Monday, February 04, 2008

Butler, Oh How I Miss Thee....

Last night at the Superbowl gathering that I went to, one of my past co-workers, Brandon, complained that I was bad-mouthing Butler. Specifically, he referred to my post below about highlights of the new job. Personally, I think he's full of it, but to show my high regard for Butler and all my wonderful friends still there, I thought I would post about all the things I miss at Butler:
  • The beautiful campus. The trees and nature on Butler's campus are awesome.
  • The calm, quietness of the campus and surrounding neighborhoods. Being downtown now, there is a lot of traffic.
  • Knowing everyone and everyone knowing you. At IUPUI there are over 3000 faculty on the campus and about 30,000 students. One feels more anonymous.
  • Only having to drive 5 minutes to get to work. Even though it only takes me 20 minutes to get to work at IUPUI, it was just so nice to live and work in the same neighborhood.
  • And, OF COURSE, the biggest thing I miss at Butler are Tyler, Jeremy, Andy, Brandon, Angie, Julie, Jeff, Serdar, Mary and all my other wonderful friends in IR.

Love and miss you all -

Mona

5 Comments:

  • At 1:51 PM , Blogger Unknown said...

    I think Brandon is full it too! He is such a curmudgeon.

     
  • At 7:38 PM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

    LIES!!!!@#$^$#%

     
  • At 5:20 AM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

    Thank you, Jeremy, for backing me on this one. :)

     
  • At 6:45 AM , Blogger Eric Rhodes said...

    So what? If I whine and complain then you will write a post all about me? That would be neat! I better not do that. You might pull out the mullet pictures again. All I can say is, if that happens, I have a certain picture involving grapes still......

     
  • At 12:05 PM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

    Yeah, I remember. Grapes up my nose picture. It's a pretty funny shot.

     

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home