Mona's Blog

Tuesday, February 26, 2008

My First Official Car Accident....

My clean record is now blemished. My streak of no accidents and no tickets was finally broken yesterday after I and another driver tried to merge into the same lane at the same time yesterday morning on my way to work. It was my fault, really. Fortunately, it was fairly minor as far as accidents go and the driver was superbly nice about the situation. I pretty much immediately called my insurance company and had my car into a body shop about two hours later. I got a call last night from the adjuster....$2700 in damage to my car, although all I have to pay is the $500 deductible. I was thinking about it this morning....I think if I were still driving my Geo, that there wouldn't have been nearly as much damage. Ok, yes my Geo was crappy because it was old, but it was tough. It seems to me that they just don't make cars like they used to. Does that make me sound old?

4 Comments:

  • At 10:30 AM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

    They make nothing like they use to . . . . how sad. ALF

     
  • At 4:31 AM , Blogger Eric Rhodes said...

    At least no one was hurt. That is always my thoughts when there is an accident.

    If you were driving your Geo, you would probably be needing a new car. Our Camry didn't look too bad when it was in an accident, but it was totaled because it was old.

    Oh, I seem to remember a few times hearing about your getting pulled over for speeding and playing the 'cute girl' card to get out of the ticket. I was never that lucky. Not being a cute girl, I got hammered with the ticket.

    By the way, I heard that, if you get a ticket, and you have the time, you should try to contest it. The ticketing officer would need to make it into court to be a witness, and if he doesn't make it, they drop the charges.

     
  • At 5:40 AM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

    I never "played" the cute girl card. I was too nervous to do anything but show the proper identification and be as polite and respectful as possible. I can't help it the cops thought I was cute. :)

     
  • At 11:55 AM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

    glad to hear you are okay! yes, the cost of fixing cars these days is ridiculous!

    -angie

     

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home