Mona's Blog

Tuesday, March 18, 2008

Good ol' Horton

Terralyn and I saw the movie Horton Hears a Who! on Saturday night. My mom used to read me that book quite a bit when I was young, so I was excited to see the movie. While it didn't follow the book very closely, the basic gist of it was there. Overall, I would give it two thumbs up. I now have renewed interest in the book and think I'll buy it again. I think my mom gave the old book she used to read to me to my neices and nephew. Other favs of mine:

- Clifford the Big Red Dog
- The Monster at the End of this Book (Grover from the Muppets is in this one)
- The Boy with a Drum (a Little Golden Book)

And there are others, but I can't remember the titles.

2 Comments:

  • At 5:56 AM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

    Our family was very heavy into Shel Silverstein books like "the Light in the Attic" and "The Giving Tree". And my favorites were "Where the Scary Things Are", "The Little Engine That Could", and all the Little House on the Prairie books.

    I love that my Mom read so much to us as kids, because now I love to read and will be able to share that passion with our future kids!

     
  • At 12:38 PM , Blogger Mona said...

    Yes, I had my mom read to me every night before bed. I never wanted her to stop reading.

     

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home