Mona's Blog

Thursday, April 10, 2008

Job Firsts

This week has been a week of firsts for me with my new job. I had my first classroom consultation with a faculty-member who teaches an undergraduate course. He has taught the course in the regular 16 weeks of a fall or spring semester and was trying to figure out how to fit the course into the fast 7 week summer session. So, I had him send me his syllabus and looked through it, jotting down notes and ideas before we met. The consultation went great! I was able to give him a lot of ideas and we figured out a schedule that will work well with his current method of teaching.

I also have my first own classroom observation coming up. Faculty come to the center to ask us to observe their classes so we can let them know what they are doing well and areas in which they might make some changes. I've sat in on observations before, but I've not done one myself, yet. This week was the pre-observation meeting and next week I will be observing his class. So far so good.

2 Comments:

  • At 2:14 PM , Blogger Eric Rhodes said...

    Wow. Someone I hung out with in high school is influencing the shaping of young people's minds? That's a little bit scary. Still, I would put the future of students in your hands rather than mine.

     
  • At 5:43 PM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

    Haha! You're funny, Eric. Yes, I'm influencing how higher education is taught! Crazy, huh?

     

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home