Mona's Blog

Monday, November 24, 2008

Raking leaves is a bitch.

Since this past Sunday was the first nice day on the weekend in awhile, I decided that it was finally time for me to rake the leaves. Since our recent move, this has become a neccessity, as there are lots of lovely trees surrounding us. From noon to 5 yesterday, I raked leaves into piles.....about 20 large piles. I then proceeded to bag all the leaves. My neighbor helped out a bit, but she had to go because her mom was visting from out of town. My roommate was also out of town, so this was pretty much a solo task. When all was said and done, 22 39-gallon bags of leaves were tightly packed.

And now my back, my left knee, my shoulders and the inside of my thumbs hurt (I have two raw blisters on the inside of my thumbs from raking so much.....yes, I was wearing gloves). I left one last large pile for my roommate to take care of. I just didn't have it in me to do it.

2 Comments:

  • At 12:04 PM , Blogger Eric Rhodes said...

    don't you rent? I thought one of the only good things about renting is that you don't need to do yard work or maintenance.

     
  • At 5:10 AM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

    Yes, I rent. But I rent houses from landlords that only own a few rentals, usually. And it's worked into the lease that the renter takes care of the yard. That's how they seem to do it here in Indy.

     

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home