Mona's Blog

Friday, March 03, 2006

James and I went to go see George Bush Sr. speak at Butler University last night. It was pretty decent. He was funny and kept things fairly light and impartial throughout his talk. He also kept things pretty short, about 30 minutes, which I was happy about. At Clinton's speach, we had to wait 45 minutes in our uncomfortable seats before anyone came out to start talking. After the 20 minutes of introductions, Clinton came out and spoke to us for about an hour. So, I was really glad this one didn't last that long. Clinton, unlike Bush Sr., really talked up how he would be doing things differently.....all points he made I agreed with. Of course, Bush Sr. wouldn't talk about things like that since it's his son who is in office, but he did at one point say: "When Clinton got into office, I told him that I wouldn't bad-mouth him. He had a tough job to do and I was going to let him do it without criticism. And I kept my promise, which is something that I'm also trying very hard to do with the current president." It was funny....I laughed.

1 Comments:

  • At 1:28 PM , Blogger Mona said...

    Whoa! I hadn't checked my blog in awhile and totally wasn't expecting a post from you. Didn't I tell you to keep in touch more than once a year!!?? Just teasing. How the hell are you?

     

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home