Mona's Blog

Friday, January 27, 2006

Last Saturday was a fantastic series of events. I went out with James and his friends, Brian and Angie. We started the evening out with a hockey game....Indianapolis Vs. Greenbay. I had never been to a hockey game before, so it was a new thing for me and it was SO much fun! They go so fast and are so incredibly nimble on the ice. And Indianapolis won by a landslide, so that was cool. This was the best shot I got of the hockey game.


And the highlight of the game was that the rapper, Biz Markie, scratched and DJ'd during halftime and after the game (that wasn't really the highlight.....more like an amusing side-event). He's the guy that terribly sang the one song "YOU, you got what I neeeeed, but you say he's just a friend, but you say he's just a friend, OH BABY!" This was back in the early 90's, I think. Anyway, this shot is of Biz scratching....at one point, he lifted his shirt up, revealing his enormous girth and scratched with his gut. Now THAT is talent, folks.

After that, we all went to a club downtown and salsa-danced. I had two extremely good Long Islands and giggled the rest of the night. This picture is all of us sitting on the couch having drinks before we went out to salsa.

2 Comments:

  • At 11:40 AM , Blogger Eric Rhodes said...

    Hockey is fun to watch. We've got an NHL team in Columbus, but they are painful to watch this year. Last place or second to last. I still sport my jersey from time to time as a show of support.

     
  • At 11:00 AM , Blogger Mona said...

    I wonder if Indiana has an NHL team. Hmmmmm.....I doubt it.

     

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home