Mona's Blog

Wednesday, January 11, 2006


I went to the dentist today. Whoo hoo! Exciting times, I know. But I actually don't mind going to the dentist. I usually never have any problems and the time is spent admiring and complimenting me on my fabulous teeth. :) So, my next appointment will be in mid-July. I'm sorta planning on quitting my job in the June/July time-frame, which poses a dilemma. Should I hang on an extra several weeks so I can have my dental insurance pay for me cleaning? Or should I just go ahead and say SCREW IT! and just get a dental cleaning whenever on my own? Such difficult decisions.

Anyway, so now that my teeth are all clean I'm going to start using the Crest Whitestrips that I bought last month. I used them once before about two years ago and they really work well.

5 Comments:

  • At 12:57 PM , Blogger james said...

    Ya know...
    I was in a similar situation. I will be leaving my job shortly before my next scheduled cleaning. I called my insurance and found that the cleaning are every six months but I could have a cleaning covered up to 21 days prior to my six month time. And guess what, three weeks works out perfectly. Watch out Albanians, my pearly whites are comin to getcha. So fresh and so clean, clean.

     
  • At 4:47 AM , Blogger Eric Rhodes said...

    Girl, you sure do have a purdy mouth. Be careful. In back woods country, a 'purdy mouth' can lead to you squeeling like a pig. (If you don't get it, watch Deliverance) I agree with Leila. If you can milk your insurance, do so. As much as health care costs are rising, I'd schedule as many dental and medical tests as you can fit in. Don't think you need an MRI? Well, you'd be suprised. Feel that a full body cast is unwarrented? Just think of sympathy and attention that you'd get from the fellas! Ok, I guess that's a bit much. Still, you DO have a purdy mouth.

     
  • At 11:16 AM , Blogger Woody! said...

    Why don't you just go back to the Dentist early? Like in May?

     
  • At 7:42 AM , Blogger Mona said...

    I would go earlier, Woody...but Insurance Companies make sure you don't go more often then every 6 months.

    Thanks for the tip, James! I'll see what I can do. :)

     
  • At 8:32 PM , Blogger Woody! said...

    They do? Those bastards. I've nver had dental insurance so I wouldn't know. Yeah, I've had shitty jobs.

     

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home