Mona's Blog

Thursday, November 10, 2005

Apparently the suicide bombings in Amman didn't injure any of my family. I am extremely relieved, as my cousin (one of my cousins I grew up around and the one whose wedding I just attended this July) works at the Hyatt hotel (one of the hotels that got bombed). He had ended his shift before the bombing took place that night. I looked through several of the aftermath photos of the bombing and it's so incredibly sad and infuriating at the same time.

Perhaps the protesting Jordanians, in which they are quoted as yelling "Burn in hell, Abu Musab al-Zarqawi!"will show some that there is a difference between the terrorist assholes and the average Arab Muslim.

2 Comments:

  • At 5:11 AM , Blogger Eric Rhodes said...

    It is truely sad that people feel that they have to resort to such senseless violence in order to make a statement. Even more sad that a fraction of a group of people are making a bad name for all of the Arab/Muslim peoples. I can't imagine how it can get into someone's mind that killing innocent people that have nothing to do with a situation can make things better. At least your cousin is OK. It must be so hard for you to watch news like that knowing that you have family over there. I couldn't imagine.

     
  • At 1:15 PM , Blogger Mona said...

    Yeah, it's sad and sensless. Thanks for the thoughful posting. :)

     

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home