Mona's Blog

Friday, October 07, 2005


I should avoid trying to make life-decisions when I'm depressed or anxious. It really doesn't work out best. But, alas, I'm feeling better at the moment and not quite so desperate. I have been looking into language schools and found an interesting one in Costa Rica. It's called the Institute for Central American Development Studies and they have a summer internship program that is 10 weeks long. It's not horribly overpriced and I think it would be a great experience. So, I'm going to research it more and, if it seems like a reputable organization and I feel it's the right time for me, use it as a spring-board this next summer to my next phase.

I'm not 100% sure at this point, but I'm researching the International and Intercultural Communications degree at Denver University for Fall of 2006 that I posted about earlier. I was really stressing about the money/student loans, etc. But I just need to keep in mind that if that's what is going to make me happy, then I need to go ahead with it despite the money.

So, these are promising paths that sound fun to me. And even if I end up doing something other than the language school and the degree, I take comfort in the fact that I at least won't be doing the same thing I'm doing right now.

1 Comments:

  • At 6:33 AM , Blogger Eric Rhodes said...

    Looks like you have alot to think about. At least you have options that you are able to persue. I'm sure that you will be able to figure out what's best for you and in the end you will do what will make you happy.

     

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home