Mona's Blog

Wednesday, September 21, 2005

So, my new plan, as it stands now is to go ahead and move into my new place this October 1st. I'm so happy about moving into my own place, I think it's going to be great for me. Obviously I'll continue working at Butler for another year since I'm signing a year lease and use the time that I am working to figure out my shit. I've been researching a lot of things....I continue to look into and debate the International and Intercultural Communications degree at University of Denver. I believe i'm going to go ahead and apply (and hopefully get accepted) so that I have that option if I decide I want to take it. I also started looking into the Peace Corps. I'm going to an information session for that next week, ordered books, am reading up online, etc. It's a two-year commitment, however, which is a bit daunting to think about. So, I'm also looking into alternatives to the Peace Corps. If I could find something similar that was a year long or less, I would do it in a second.

In addition to all that, I continue to take Spanish classes through the university where I work. I have an awesome teacher and I feel like I'm really starting to catch on to things. I think I might also order some Spanish tapes and practice those occasionally. I talked to my Spanish teacher and she has encouraged me to study overseas at some point, as that's the easiest way you can become fluent.

Anyway, so that's what has been going on with me. Next weekend I pack, the weekend after that I move. Then the week of Oct. 18th I'm going to Orlando for a 3-day conference...paid for by work. That should be interesting. Lot's to keep me thinking and busy.

2 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home