Mona's Blog

Sunday, August 21, 2005



Steve Miller Band Rocks the house! Well....kind of. My friend Chad and I went to the concert last night and I was really excited about it. They started off with one of their classics, Swing Town. But then they played about 45 minutes of Blues songs that were written by other people. Don't get me wrong. I like Blues. I would go to a concert to hear Blues, even. But when you go to a Steve Miller Band concert, you expect to hear all their great classics that everyone knows and loves. They actually started to lose the crowd a little bit...people started to sit down, take naps, chill out, etc. I even sat down and waited for the good songs after the first 30 minutes of blues. Then, with only about 30 minutes of the show left, they started playing some of the good stuff. Fly Like an Eagle (20 minute, psychadellic version of this, which would have been cool had I been drunk or high. I was sober, however, and it dragged on for quite some time), The Joker, Space Cowboy, Ganster of Love, Abracadabra, etc. Now, THAT was cool and I boogied down for the rest of the show. Overall, though, I wasn't as impressed as I thought I'd be. Oh well....I got lawn seats, which were only $13.50 per ticket, so I'm not too upset over it. I thought this picture I took of the band was cool....


3 Comments:

  • At 10:38 AM , Blogger Eric Rhodes said...

    Glad you had some fun at the concert. I always hate when bands do covers when you really just want them to play all of their own music. Of course, when I was in a band, we played mostly covers, but we sucked and no one wanted to pay to come listen to us. Apples and oranges. At least you got a cheap show. That's always cool. I don't go to concerts much any more because of the cost. There are just few bands that I'd pay to go see anymore.

     
  • At 11:09 AM , Blogger Mona said...

    Yeah....it can definitely get pricey. But I figure I have a lot to make up for. I have been to so few concerts it's ridiculous.

     
  • At 6:52 PM , Blogger Mona said...

    oh yeah! i forgot about the free lawn chairs....that was cool. and it only took 25 minutes to get out of the parking....which is a record.

     

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home