Mona's Blog

Friday, August 19, 2005


Any mountain bikers in the house? I wouldn't say I'm an avid mountain biker, but I generally go mountain biking a handful of times during a season. So far, I've gone mountain biking 4 times this summer, most recently was my trip last night. I thought I'd share my HILARIOUS situation with mountain biking last night.

So, yeah....my friend James and I decided that mountain biking would be fun last night. When the time came, I wasn't really feeling it but figured I'd get into the swing of things once we got going. And I was.....until I went a few degrees too left on the trail and fell down a 6-foot-plus ravine into the White River only to completely submerge under water, having my bike fall on top of me a split-second later and losing my right shoe in the process (I just bought them two weeks ago). I stood up in the water (which came up past my waist) and my pants were falling down. I was COMPLETELY soaked, hanging on to my bike while looking for my missing shoe. James appeared about a minute later with utter shock on his face...."How did you do that???" I was still trying to find my shoe. I was finally able to hand my bike up to him and then he jumped in to the water to help me look for my shoe....we never did find the bastard shoe. I was so pissed about that. We then had to climb up a tree limb near where I fell in order to get out of the water (the area I fell down was too steep to get up). Note how dirty I was in the pic as well as wet.

After we got out of the water, it was starting to get dark. James lent me his shoe and we had to ride the trail back for about 15 or 20 minutes in order to get back to where the car was. So, there we were, wet, James with only one shoe on, my bike chain locking up on me every few seconds, riding in the dark in the middle of the woods. It was hilarious. Oh, and after I finally took off my riding gloves (after being wet in them), My hands were completely stained from the gloves. My hands are still currently stained as I sit here and type in my blog.

2 Comments:

  • At 2:13 PM , Blogger Woody! said...

    Wow, that looks like a decent amount of pain and discomfort. Glad I don't do anything even remotely close to exercising. Look at all the grief you got fo it!

     
  • At 6:05 PM , Blogger Eric Rhodes said...

    Ah mountain biking. I used to do it some in college. Last time I remember was when I flipped over my handle bars after attempting a jump. It hurt, but at least I didn't fall in a river. I'm glad that you came out OK, Mona.

     

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home