Mona's Blog

Tuesday, August 09, 2005

When it rains, it pours. Things have been so busy for me at work, it's kinda nutty. I skipped out on two meetings this week already and I still feel like I'm playing catch-up. Not only that, but I have a lot of fun-stuff going on, too. August is packed full of stuff. This Friday I'm going to the Coldplay concert. Then, there is also the Jack Johnson conert and the Jimmy Buffet concert. My roommate is returning home in a few weeks, which will be an adjustment since she's been gone all summer. And I had hoped on having my wine-tasting disco party this month, too (yes, wine and disco DO go together!!). Remember the disco party I had during high school?? That was fun. This one will be even more fun, as adding alcohol to the mix can only enhance it. :) Then, my sister is visiting for a week the first of September. We'll be driving to good 'ol Toledo for my mom's 60th birthday.

So, yeah....lots going on. I think September will be a little less crazy, but who knows. At least most of the craziness is fun!

2 Comments:

  • At 2:19 PM , Blogger Eric Rhodes said...

    so, is your job any better when you're busy? It seemed like a large part of your complaint was that you had very little to do most of the time.

     
  • At 11:34 AM , Blogger Mona said...

    Uhmmmm....it's better in that I feel like I actually have a purpose. That I exist at the University for a reason, whereas before I was just kinda like....what are they paying me money? Why am I here? No one even knows I exist!! So, yeah. It's better for that reason, for sure. We'll see if this continues after we hire the new people in. I'm taking on a new senior status, so I think they expect me to sort of manage things. I even got a bit of a raise, so that's always good!

     

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home