Mona's Blog

Thursday, August 25, 2005

It's so ironic how you FINALLY figure out one thing only to have something else block you from doing anything about it. Basically, I think I've finally figured out what I want to do with my life (career-wise and other). I've been doing a lot of thinking, researching, "soul searching," etc, and I found this program at Denver University that sounds superbly wonderful for me. It's the International and Intercultural Communications degree. I would be studying other cultures, countries, policies, languages, etc....I could come out of the graduate program as a teacher in this area, a diplomat, a leader in various International arenas, etc. It's sounds really interesting to me and a part of me would LOVE to move back to Denver. I felt so free and happy there.

So, why on earth wouldn't I go for it? Well....my job here has started getting better. Seems like there is a lot of opportunity for me to make a real difference in the university here, even though it's in a field that I don't really care for. Plus, there is the whole decent salary, benefits, health insurance thing. And the support structure of friends that I've built for myself here. But I still don't feel truly happy here....I don't like Indianapolis the way I liked Denver. And I don't see me staying interested in my job for too long. I just feel kind of trapped here. Like I'm here, not because I want to be here, but because it makes sense to be here. And no matter how hard I try to stay happy, there is something inside of me that longs SO much to explore, take risks, learn, experience, grow, etc. So.....do I stay here for stability and stucture? Or do I take a risk to pursue my dreams....and it would indeed be a risk. The only thing holding me back is me.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home