Mona's Blog

Sunday, September 11, 2005


My sister is in town visiting from Alaska right now. We are currently in Toledo hanging out at my mom's house. Sorry for the blogging hiatus, but this last week has been really super busy. I showed my sister around the Indianapolis area, and then we drove to Toledo and have been pretty much eating non-stop since arriving. My family tends to revolve reunions around food. We ate a traditional mid-westerner meal on Friday - sweet corn, baked beans, burgers on the grill, deviled eggs, etc. Then yesterday we went to the Tandour Indian restaurant for their lunch buffet. For dinner last night, we made ice cream from scratch and had cake. Mmmmmm....ice cream and cake for dinner. Today my sister and I are driving back to Indianapolis. We'll have another day of hanging out and then I get to take her to the airport by 4 in the morning on Tuesday! WHEEE!!! It's been a fun week, though. The top image is me making ice cream. We all took turns, however. The picture below is of (starting left) my grandma, my mom, me, and my sister. can you believe that my grandma is 82 and my mom is 60?? Doesn't seem possible. I guess we have some good young-looking genes or something.

2 Comments:

  • At 1:01 PM , Blogger Mona said...

    Aren't deviled eggs awesome?! I love them so much. You're mom is a teacher, right? I can't remember now.

    We should all plan a visit sometime. It would be cool to see you all again. Maybe someday.

     
  • At 10:15 AM , Blogger Eric Rhodes said...

    Deviled eggs are dirt. Well, at least in you don't like boiled eggs, which I don't. Bryan, all you need to do is get Gretchen pregnant and then after you have a baby you'll have to hire someone to keep your mom form visiting you. That's what I had to do. My mom would be down every weekend if I'd let her.

    A 'reunion' type thing would be neat. Just a matter of organizing now that we're all over the country.

     

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home