Mona's Blog

Thursday, October 27, 2005

I went to the Nickel Creek concert this last Sunday. It was so incredibly good! Even the opening band, The Ditty Bops, were awesome! They played 20's and 30's style dance....they had a very eclectic, fun, and weird sound. And every now and then they would have this guy come on the stage in the middle of them playing a song who would do magic tricks. It was so cool.

And then Nickel Creek came out. They were so incredibly good, too. They are a blugrass band with a bit of a progressive sound to it. They have this mood they project out into the crowd that is very intense. And they make eye contact with people in the crowd....it was very interesting. The one member of the band (the female) plays the violin and is so incredible at it. She makes me want to take more violin lessons (I took lessons one summer and decided that I didn't have enough time to practice). I would LOVE to bust out music on the violin like she does. *sigh* Maybe someday....so many things I want to do with so little time!

Anyway, the photos I have aren't that great. We were so close to the stage that it was hard to get a clear shot without various heads in the way from the crowd. The first one is the Ditty Bops...and yes she is playing a washboard in this one. The second is Nickel Creek.

2 Comments:

  • At 11:11 AM , Blogger Eric Rhodes said...

    I'll take "Bands I've Never Heard of" for 1000 Alex. Glad that you had fun at the concert. You are having a bit of a concert blow out this summer. I wish I could afford more concerts. Too many other expenses.

     
  • At 12:46 PM , Blogger Mona said...

    Hee hee! You're funny. My mom emailed me and told me that she was glad you hadn't heard of the bands either....made her feel like she wasn't completely out of touch.

     

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home