Mona's Blog

Tuesday, October 25, 2005


I'm back from Orlando! It was a fun trip, although I doubt I'd ever choose Orlando as a place to vacation. It's a bit too flashy/touristy for my taste....and everything is all about Disney, of course. But besides going to the conference, I also ate dinner at a Vietnamese Restaurant, which was very good food. I went to Unverisal's City Walk, which is a bunch of clubs, bars, restaurants and had a beer at an Irish Pub with a piano bar. And (this is the COOLEST) I did a "Skyventure"....it was a simulated free-fall in this wind-chamber. It blows air up at up to 120mph. I'm all suited up in this gear, helmet, goggles, and you fall into the wind and float around for awhile. There is an instructor in the chamber with you and they tell you how to better position yourself, etc (through hand-gestures since you can't hear what they are saying). During my second trial, the instructor grabbed my arm and leg and spun me around about 5 or 6 times before I was done. It was so much fun! The pictures I've included here are of the Coronado Hotel (I didn't stay there, but some friends of mine did) and of me in my gear before the skyventure.

3 Comments:

  • At 5:14 PM , Blogger Woody! said...

    That's awesome. I'd love to get in one of those wind-chamber. You look like you got a little wind-burned in that pic. :)

     
  • At 5:52 PM , Blogger Eric Rhodes said...

    Glad you had fun. I wish my work would send me places for free. I work in the ass end of Nationwide, though.

     
  • At 9:36 AM , Blogger Mona said...

    Ha! The ass-end of Nationwide. That's funny. :)

     

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home