Mona's Blog

Tuesday, March 21, 2006

OK, so I have a new "thing" that I'm thinking about doing for the next phase in my life. I've recently renewed my quest to figure out what the hell to do after I quit since it's getting closer to summer. I had originally planned to quit my job in May, but I've pushed that back to June or July. It's getting close to go-time, so I've been researching out the wazoo. Is that how you spell "wazoo," by the way?

Anyway, I looked back at all the same old stuff...Peace Corps, AmeriCorps, Teaching English as a Foriegn Language in Costa Rica, etc. Nothing was sitting too well with me. There were gaps, or things were too expensive, or programs were too long (the Peace Corps is a two-year committment. Damn). I recently found a program in Spain...Cursos Internacional at the Universidad de Salamanca. It's reasonable with it's pricing, includes accommodations AND medical insurance, and I get all the benefits that students attending the University get (I can use all the facilities, etc). It sounds SO cool. I totally didn't expect to end up in Spain, but it just feels like it fits. I did a little happy dance (really....I did) when I finished reading up on everything. So, I emailed them to ask a few questions, emailed a lady living there from the United States to ask questions and will await responses before making the next move.

2 Comments:

  • At 6:01 AM , Blogger Eric Rhodes said...

    Spain eh? Wow. Sounds pretty neat. You'll have to make sure to take the Mello Smello Hombre commercial that we shot so that you can show off your Spanish skills. (that was you that still had the tape, right?)

     
  • At 6:14 AM , Blogger Mona said...

    Yep, that was me. I'm pretty sure I still have it somewhere, but I'm not sure where it is, now. We rocked in that commercial!!

     

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home