Mona's Blog

Tuesday, August 22, 2006

I love bugs (except chiggers, of course)


As in insects, not the car. I just love to look at bugs and admire them. They are so cool. Any other bug-lovers out there? I have this fat spider (I know, spiders aren't insects, they are arachnids...but I still lump them together with the others anyway) living on my porch that has built this massive fortress of webs. It's just amazing. And yesterday there was a praying mantis sitting on the outside part of the glass of my office window. Too cool.....praying mantis' are so interesting.

5 Comments:

  • At 5:34 AM , Blogger Mona said...

    Remember how I would brake for butterflies, Ames? I actually found a bumper-sticker that said that.

     
  • At 6:04 AM , Blogger Eric Rhodes said...

    I'm ok with bugs as long as they don't intrude in my house. Spiders kinda freak me out (I think there is a phobia about that). I can deal with small spiters and daddy long legs, but those spiders with fat bodies and furry looking legs give me the creeps. So, Mona, are you a fan of the praying mantis because the female rips the heads off of the males and eat them after mating? Or is it that they are just cool to look at? Oh, and my garden out back is geared towards attracting butterflies. We like them.

     
  • At 6:05 AM , Blogger Eric Rhodes said...

    FYI, I can deal with small spiders, not spiters. That was a typo.

     
  • At 7:14 AM , Blogger Mona said...

    Oh Cool! You have a butterfly garden? That's so neat. I want to have one of those whenever I have a backyard to garden. And yes, Eric....I only like praying mantis because they rip the heads off their males. ;)

     
  • At 1:51 PM , Blogger Eric Rhodes said...

    I knew it!!

     

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home