Mona's Blog

Monday, August 28, 2006

Insomnia Woes

So, I'm about the worst sleeper on the planet, I'd say. Anything going on in my life is directly reflected in how I sleep. If I'm doing well, I sleep just fine. But if there is any extra stress in my life, I can fully expect that my quality of sleep is going to be disrupted. And it totally sucks because how well one sleeps affects how well one "wakes."

Right now I'm dealing with some hard-core insomnia. It started out innocent enough....I wasn't sleeping as well because my poison ivy was itchy. But now my good friend Megan is staying at my place temporarily (she just finished grad school and is sleeping on my couch for a few weeks while she job searches) and that has made my resteless nights transition into sleepless nights. Not because of Megan.....just any disruption in my routine upsets the extraordinarily delicate internal balance and then I'm screwed. And it doesn't help that my place is big enough for one, but teensy for two with hard-wood floors that creak more than any creaky floors I've ever heard.

So, needless to say, I'm feeling not so great at the moment. I've had only a few hours of crappy sleep the last three nights and it's making my days foggy, floaty, and irritating. I'll try hard to stay positive, though.

1 Comments:

  • At 7:41 AM , Blogger Mona said...

    The rewards of having a little one make up for the lack of sleep....or at least I would assume they do. Waking up to Megan is not quite as rewarding. :) No offense, Megan.

     

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home