Mona's Blog

Thursday, October 19, 2006

Getting Fit!

After two winters of getting sick a lot which made me feel quite sloth-like (Sloths move only when necessary and then very slowly: they have about half as much muscle tissue as other animals of similar weight. They can move at a marginally higher speed if they are in immediate danger from a predator (15 feet per minute), but they burn large amounts of energy doing so), my level of physical fitness has noticeably decreased. In turn, my weight has increased a tad.

Things have been better recently, so I've been able to get back to the gym on a regular basis. For over a month now, my friend, Tyler, and I have been hitting the gym to lift weights three days per week. We recently added in cardio to the mix, running on Tuesdays. I also try to swim once per week and I believe I might add in another cardio day on the weekend at some point, but not yet.

The results are already noticeable! I've been getting back a more toned figure and, more importantly, I've been feeling better - more positive and energetic. It's my hope that I lose about 8 pounds of fat (give or take) within the next two or three months. Yay!

4 Comments:

  • At 6:43 AM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

    I have never been more fit than the year I was completely single. I never felt or looked better. You go girl. I am sure the fitter you are the better you will feel. Just watch for all those gross germs on the workout stuff.

     
  • At 7:50 AM , Blogger Woody! said...

    Good job hitting the gym. I'm a little emberrassed that "sloth" comes up quite a bit when I talk about my current level of activity.

     
  • At 7:50 AM , Blogger Mona said...

    Thanks for your encouragement! And I know....the germs gross me out, too. I always try to not touch my face when I'm working out and I wash my hands immediately after getting home.

     
  • At 8:20 AM , Blogger Eric Rhodes said...

    You should take some hand sanitizer with you. I keep wanting to get into better shape, but I am a stress eater and drinker and my life has been chock full of stress lately. Still, I need to do better.

     

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home