Mona's Blog

Monday, September 25, 2006

Wedding Crashers!

I attended the beautiful renewal of vows of my friends, Andy and Yuko, this past Saturday. In addition to the ceremony was a lovely reception with good food and spirits. It was a great time. Up top is Andy and Yuko right before cutting the cake.

AND then came the ridiculousness of the evening. Ater much free beer and (in my case) wine, four of us were not ready to retire after the evening's festivities. So, we started dancing in the hallway to the music of another wedding reception. We were eventually invited in to dance with the other wedding guests, although we had no idea who any of these people were. See the picture below of Angie and myself dancing at stranger #1's wedding.


We then decided to go to another area of the building. After deciding the live band playing in the bar-area was lame, we passed by another wedding reception. Having been experienced at this point in the evening in crashing weddings (and having had way too much drink) we decided that this wedding reception looked too fun to pass up. So, we entered and danced at stranger #2's wedding. See picture below of the bride and groom....I think the names the DJ yelled out at one point were Tommy and Elizabeth.

See below for the obligatory self-photo of all of us at the end of the night whilst waiting for our ride home.


6 Comments:

  • At 6:44 AM , Blogger Eric Rhodes said...

    How risque of you. So, how many glasses (bottles) of wine does it take to get to the point that you would crash, not one wedding, but two? Looked like you had yourself a good time.

     
  • At 7:07 AM , Blogger Mona said...

    Well, I believe by the end of the night, I had at least 6 glasses of wine. But after the first 3 wine-glasses, I started pouring the wine into a beer-glass, so I'm not sure how many glasses of wine that counts for.

     
  • At 11:04 AM , Blogger Unknown said...

    Mona,
    You are too funny!
    Thanks for sharing your evening with us all!
    Paula Cunningham (Andy's mom)

     
  • At 11:05 AM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

    Me again, I'm not Dan!
    Paula

     
  • At 1:57 PM , Blogger Mona said...

    Hi Paula!! Thanks so much for organizing such a lovely evening! It was really fun. I hope you saw all the pictures I took of the ceremony on my Flickr photos site (link at the right of my blogposts).

     
  • At 8:33 AM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

    The photos are great!
    Thanks for being the cake cutter too.
    Paula

     

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home