Mona's Blog

Thursday, January 25, 2007

Yoga and.....Mexico?

Every Tuesday and Thursday at the Health Recreation Center are 12:15-1:00 Yoga sessions. Perfect time for the typical Butler staff-member to get on over and stretch out their stress. Tyler and I went to a session last Thursday and this week we dragged along some more people from our department, Julie and Andy. The instructor implements a lot of meditation techniques along with the Yoga stretching. At the end, she always asks us to get into fetal-position and think of a peaceful place in our mind. Somewhere relaxing, perhaps a body of water nearby. Of course, my thoughts float to Mexico. I imagine I'm back on the beach with the white sand between my toes, the bright blue ocean a few feet in front of me with the warm sun on my face. And then I want to never go back to work again. But alas, I must. It's quite unnerving to have to go straight back to work. Oh well...I'll get back to Mexico one of these days.

9 Comments:

  • At 6:51 AM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

    I tried yoga and it made me so sleepy. Too dull. I like to feel the burn like kick boxing.

     
  • At 7:44 AM , Blogger Eric Rhodes said...

    mmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm downward facing dog.

     
  • At 10:28 AM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

    I don't do it for exercise, really. I like it because it helps to calm me and feel more balanced. I'm going to try to start doing it every day since I have a DVD at home. We'll see if I actually stick to that. :)

     
  • At 10:35 AM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

    Eric you are gross. . . .

     
  • At 11:02 AM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

    That's to be expected of Eric. :-)

     
  • At 7:52 PM , Blogger Neural Chick said...

    I heart yoga. I really need to get back into it. I always lose weight when I do it regularly, too. It just balances everything out!

     
  • At 10:04 AM , Blogger Eric Rhodes said...

    I know. I am gross. I just figured, after the 13 years of us going our separate ways, I should remind you of that little foible of mine. Really though, I was going for funny. I get those two confused sometimes. Sorry.

     
  • At 5:42 AM , Blogger Mona said...

    I heart yoga, too, Neural chick. I want to eventually be doing it daily, but we'll see if that happens.

     
  • At 6:46 AM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

    Eric is has been 13 years!!!!! Oh man I am getting old. I do miss the good old days. Even the gross comments!

     

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home