Mona's Blog

Saturday, August 18, 2007

I get to work this Weekend!!! YAY!!!

It's that time of year again at Butler University. WELCOME WEEKEND! All the students swarm back to campus and we "volunteer" (I use quotes because it's actually mandatory) on Saturday and/or Sunday the weekend prior to the first week of classes to help students get their computers up and running on the campus network. Since I'm not a technician, I am always tasked to do "Graige," a combination of Greeter and Triage. I go around saying hello to students in buildings asking them if they have their computers up on the network and tell them where to go to get that done. I am also the first person they talk to when going into the labs and then I pass them off to a technician. It's actually a good fit for my personality. I work Saturday from 10-5 and Sunday from 10-12.

OK, Butler. Let's get ready to rumble!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home