Mona's Blog

Monday, October 01, 2007

Adventure Race, here I come...

So, my roommate, Lindsay, and I are going to do an adventure race on October 20th! I'm really excited. It's a race for women that combines mountain biking, canoeing, trail running/hiking, orienteering/navigation and surprise mystery events all in one! Basically, we get a map and have to complete the map with the above means of transportation, but we don't know how long the trails will be or in which order we'll have to do things until the day of the event. Pretty cool, eh? I think Lindsay and I will kick some major butt. We work well together....she'll be awesome at navigation and I'm used to doing all the activities. Yay for adventures!

2 Comments:

  • At 4:31 AM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

    That sounds awesome. I would love to do something like that. Do you use your own bike? How does that work? Does some transport the bike for you?

     
  • At 6:10 AM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

    Yeah, we use our own bikes. We'll have to figure out a way to transport them. My seats fold forward in the back so I can probably stick the bikes in my trunk. They, however, provide the canoes. :)

     

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home