Mona's Blog

Tuesday, October 02, 2007

We Painted

Since the walls in our house are less than flattering, Lindsay and I decided to paint. After much decision-making and looking over many paint-swatches, we decided to go with the color of "creamy chocolate." We also bought a quart of white paint to redo the trim. Sunday night, while watching the Colts kick some ass, we painted the walls in the TV room. We painted and painted and painted and painted some more. While finishing up the last wall, my hands actually hurt from holding the roller for so long. It took us about 3 hours and the entire gallon of paint. It definitely looks better but in certain light, the "creamy chocolate" actually looks a bit like light purple. We're hoping our landlords don't see it that way.

4 Comments:

  • At 9:26 AM , Blogger Eric Rhodes said...

    I was going to ask if your landlord was OK with you painting. Personally, I would just have put up a poster. At least in a rental. I like painting my house. Especially when we covered up our Barney-purple dining room. I would like to paint our bedroom (a boring gray) but I have vaulted ceilings and it could be a pain in my ass.

     
  • At 7:44 AM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

    Yeah, we asked the landlord prior to painting if it was OK. Lindsay really wanted to do it and I didn't have too much of a preference, so we went for it. It looks better, but now it makes the rest of the house seem a lot worse.

     
  • At 1:22 AM , Blogger james said...

    You should take some pictures. I wanna see before & after shots. Now that you made one part pretty, you'll have to keep on painting. Maybe you could build up your hand muscles and become a professional painter.

     
  • At 1:12 PM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

    UHmmmmmmm....prolly not gonna try going professional with this one. But thanks for the idea. :)

    We didn't take before shots. :(

     

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home