Mona's Blog

Monday, June 16, 2008

Ahhhhh, the Power of Cleavage

I had something happen last evening that I don't think has ever happened before. At least not in the environment of a grocery store.

So, I was in a rush to leave my house to celebrate Father's Day at Terralyn and James' parents house. I was distracted because I was talking on the phone with James while getting ready. I threw on some different clothes and realized that the shirt I was wearing was a bit low cut. Normally, I would wear a shirt underneath, but I didn't have time to think about it.

Well, it was a bit more low cut than I orginally thought, but there was nothing I could do about it since I had already left the house. After visiting with James' parents, I went to the grocery store and had a fairly hilarious exchange with one of the baggers....some guy probably in his low twenties. It went something like this:

Bagger: Hey there.

Mona: Hi.

Bagger: You need help with that?

Mona (confused): UHhhhhhh....sure. [Thinking he meant help with bagging my items]

Bagger starts taking stuff out of my cart and putting it on the counter, as if I couldn't do that by myself.

Bagger: You look nice tonight.

Mona (red in face): Thanks.

Bagger: I don't think I remember you before. You shop here much?

Mona: No, it's been awhile.

Bagger: Yeah, you look like a Marsh shopper.

Mona: No...actually I shop at Whole Foods.

Bagger (acting intrigued): For real??

I sign my credit thingee.

Bagger: Have a great evening.

Mona: Thanks.

I am about 99.9% sure that this exchange would not have occurred had I not been wearing a low-cut shirt.

8 Comments:

  • At 4:55 PM , Blogger Betsy said...

    Ha Ha!! If you wear an organic hemp shirt to Whole Foods you'll get the same treatment :)

     
  • At 5:00 PM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

    Hahaha! That's funny because it's true!!

     
  • At 9:28 AM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

    awesome!
    you do have nice cleavage, though!
    -a

     
  • At 5:21 AM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

    Thanks! :)

     
  • At 4:50 AM , Blogger Eric Rhodes said...

    I think that we need a picture posted of said cleveage in said shirt.....you know, just so we know what exactly you are talking about! :-)

     
  • At 7:44 AM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

    I actually already have a picture like that. It was taken while I was out karaoking. It will not, however, be posted here. :)

     
  • At 8:26 AM , Blogger Eric Rhodes said...

    prude

     
  • At 8:32 AM , Blogger Mona said...

    Yes, I am a big prude!! :)

     

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home