Mona's Blog

Thursday, June 05, 2008

SO IRRITATED!

I have had the worst luck with my new bike!!! First, my wheel randomly decides to fall off when I'm riding it one day. Fortunately, I wasn't going very fast and heard weird noises which made me slow even more down and look at my bike to see what was going on. But then the wheel just came right off and I had to jump over the falling handle-bars in order to not totally crash. Nothing major happened to me and I was able to get the wheel back on, no problem. I think I must have not had the wheel on correctly in the first place.

So, then today (about 30 minutes ago, in fact), I'm riding my bike and I get to an intersection with a light. I'm able to go since the light is green for me and some guy turning right neglects to see me crossing. I swear he was looking right at me and kept going at a fast enough speed that I wasn't sure he was going to stop. So, I nail on my breaks in a panic and yet again have to jump over my handle bars in order to not completely crash. This time, my chain is off and I have a nice little lump on my shin. I got the chain back on, but it's not right. It keeps skipping gears and doing funky crap. So, I have to take it in to get fixed. Which makes me SOOOO MAD since I just bought the damn thing only a month ago.

The good news is, since I have to take my new bike in, I'm taking my old bike in to get fixed as well. So, I will have my choice of bikes to ride. I may ride my old bike for a little while until I'm mentally ready to ride this new bike with evil luck.

3 Comments:

  • At 7:33 PM , Blogger Betsy said...

    So glad you're OK!! Stupid motorists never pay attention to others!!

     
  • At 4:29 AM , Blogger Eric Rhodes said...

    Actually, the real 'good news' is that you were alert enough not to get wiped out by a dumb ass motorist. People just don't pay attention when driving, to other cars and especially bike riders.

     
  • At 5:23 AM , Blogger Mona said...

    Yeah...either he wasn't paying attention or he wasn't curteous enough to slow down enough to make me feel safe. Either way, it sucked. After I picked my bike up and walked across the street with it, a nice old man in a car at the intersection asked me if I was OK. That made me feel a bit better about humanity. :)

     

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home