Mona's Blog

Saturday, June 07, 2008

Peregrine Falcons

As Melissa and I walked back from a Leadership Workshop being held on the IUPUI campus, we chatted, taking our usual route back to the center where I work. I turned my head, as I saw something moving out of the corner of my eye by a tree in one of the grassy areas. I couldn't see it fully....is it a duck? A goose? I kept looking and realized that it was a huge hawk-like bird. Had I been standing next to it, it would have easily been as tall as my knee. Melissa and I stopped to watch it. Apparently it had caught lunch, as it was standing on something and tearing it apart with it's sharp beak. All the small birds in the area were going nuts, screaming at the hawk-like bird. After about 10 or 15 minutes, the bird finally flew away. Melissa and I, with our morbid curiosity, ran over to inspect the remains of whatever it was eating. It was a squirrel....or what was left of a squirrel (which wasn't much). We found out later that there are Peregrine Flacons nesting on top of one of the buildings downtown. Too cool!

2 Comments:

  • At 8:33 AM , Blogger Eric Rhodes said...

    What? No pictures of the squirrel parts? Iew. I can't believe you went to look at the left overs.

     
  • At 5:28 AM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

    Haha! I know. We are kinda gross.

     

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home