Mona's Blog

Friday, July 04, 2008

Three States in 24 hours and a Sprained Ankle!

I helped my friend, Melissa, move to Ann Arbor, Michigan on Tuesday and Wednesday of this week. We left around noon on Tuesday and I spent the night at her place. On Wednesday, I decided that instead of driving straight back to Indianapolis, that I would stop by my mom's house in Toledo area in Ohio (she really lives in Wauseon, now).

So, Melissa and I made the hour south trip to have dinner at my mom's house and then I was going to drive back to Indy. Well, within the first 30 minutes of the visit, I sprained my ankle. It sucked. We were showing Melissa around my mom's property, which includes a chicken coop, their garden, their fruit trees and an old 100 year old barn. While we were exploring the barn, we thought we heard a cat meowing up in one of the lofts of the barn. So, I decided that I would check it out. I had climbed the old ladder leading up to the loft several times before with no problems. However, this time it had apparently rotted out enough that down I came aftr stepping on the third rung. I landed in a pile of old, rusty, sharp farm machinery. Luckily, all that happened was a sprained ankle and some bruises. Although I did feel like I was going to pass out after it happened. Weird.

So, I ended up staying the night at my mom's and driving back in the morning. Ahhh, what adventures one can have in Northwest Ohio.

2 Comments:

  • At 8:37 PM , Blogger Betsy said...

    You sure are accident prone :)

     
  • At 7:19 AM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

    I know! I was just thinking about that yesterday. This is the third time I've fallen this summer (two with my bike and now this). I like to think it's because I'm such a daredevil. :)

     

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home