Mona's Blog

Thursday, June 19, 2008

Softball League - The Librarians

I'm playing on a softball team this summer! Our team name is "The Librarians," which I believe is supposed to indicate our lack of athleticism and coordination. Anyway, they have had practice a couple of times, but I went to my first practice this past Tuesday. As you all know, I am not the best softball player. I'm not horrible, but I'm not great. I was a little intimidated since I pretty much immediatly got pegged as a weak player. Which makes me a bit angry. It's my first practice!!! And I never got coached or played regularly as a kid. Just be patient and give me a chance to catch up a little. And instead of pegging me as a "weak player," why not be supportive and give me some coaching and tips? That would be much better for the team and my self esteem. So, anyway, I'm hoping that I get better as the season goes on.

2 Comments:

  • At 8:31 AM , Blogger Eric Rhodes said...

    I had a similar experience. I played in a softball league a few years ago. Since I am big, everyone seemed to assume that I was a bad player. I'm not great, but I think I had the highest batting average on the team. Where everyone was trying to hit home runs, thus popping out all the time, I was just trying for singles, getting on base most of the time. I was also put in the catcher position, even though I am a good first baseman and outfielder. Oh well. Assumptions suck. I don't play with them anymore.

     
  • At 8:33 AM , Blogger Mona said...

    Jerks! I hate being judged!

     

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home